Need nutrition therapy? Here's what to expect
At CarePro Home Care, we want to simplify your nutrition therapy. Whether you need enteral or parental nutrition, you don't have to shop around for a care coordinator, nurse and pharmacist. We have all those professionals right here, working together for you.
Before you leave the hospital - We'll coordinate your care plan with hospital staff, determine your insurance coverage for home care and contact your insurance provider for authorization. If time allows, we'll demonstrate your new equipment and teach you and/or a family member how to use it. CarePro pharmacists will work closely with your doctor to confirm all orders, lab work and the proper formulation for your enteral (tube feeding) or parenteral nutrition.
When you get home - Many of our patients handle their own feedings (with our help, of course). Your home care nurse will teach you about your therapy in as many home sessions as you wish. We want you or your family member comfortable with preparing the formula and using the equipment. We'll also show you how track your temperature and weight and how to spot potential complications. We'll check in with you when your supplies run low. Not sure of something? Call us at 1-800-755-6997, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Your continued care - We're there for you as long as you need us. Many of our patients have been using our enteral and parenteral nutrition services for more than 10 years. Others return to us if they have a recurring need.
Parenteral (PN) services for small hospitals
We not only provide parenteral (PN) nutrition support services for patients in their home, but CarePro Home Infusion also supports pharmacies in community hospitals throughout Iowa. With our help, your patients will be able to stay in their own communities close to family and friends. Other benefits to partnering with CarePro Home Care:
- We help you maintain your hospital census.
- We stock PN and TPN products, saving your pharmacy inventory space.
- We give you access to our experienced, board-certified nutrition support pharmacists and nurses.
- We'll consult with you and your physicians on labs and formula.
- We'll keep your patients close to home.
- We enhance patient clinical outcomes.
- We assist in discharge planning from hospital to home.
- We provide expert Medicare Part B advice to determine eligibility for home care coverage.
We can connect your hospital to the professional services you need. Contact us to find out how.